Who we are
The Chairman’s Society is an organization devoted to the training and support of healthcare board chairs. Membership is limited to current and former board chairs, as well as those who anticipate being board chairs because they have been approached or are part of a succession plan. CEOs of healthcare organization are invited to all Chairman’s Society meetings at the invitation of their board chair.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some of the benefits of joining The Chairman's Society?
We are excited to offer members:
- Boot camp training for new board chairs or chairs-elect
- Bulletins on governance issues as well as practical advice for board chairs
- Early-bird invitations and discounts to the society’s exclusive sessions at premier U.S. resorts
- These educational opportunities feature nationally known speakers and workshops designed to make an impact. Topics are carefully vetted and center around trending as well as traditional topics that affect boards. Examples include medical staff relations, succession planning for the board, and considerations of mergers, acquisition or affiliations. Sessions also train board chair men and women to be better leaders and facilitators.
- Governance experts for telephone or in-person consultation on issues encountered by board chairs, other board members or healthcare organizations
- Complimentary copies of (a $125+ value!)
- Robert’s Rules in Plain English by Doris P. Zimmerman
- Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High by Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Ron McMillan and Al Switzler
- The Governance Factor: 33 Keys to Success in Healthcare by Errol Biggs
- Practical Governance by J. Larry Tyler (newest edition, when available)
- Intrinsic benefits, which include
- Networking among board chairs
- Sharing of best practices
- Improving patient care through better board governance
- Forging of a better relationship with your CEO
- Showing your board you are taking steps to be the best board chair you can be
What are associated costs?
The Chairman’s Society dues are $500 annually. To be fair, we collect and process payment information after the board chair/CEO verification process. Members receive a 20-percent discount on exclusive sessions.
What is your refund policy?
If there is anything we can do to improve your experience, please let us know. If you are not satisfied with our services or knowledge shared, we will honor your request. We offer full refunds to society members within 30 days of joining. If requests are made post 30 days, we prorate and refund all remaining months.
How do I join?
Dedicated to providing outstanding customer service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 904-606-5744 so we may best accommodate your needs and tailor resources.
Thanks so much, and look forward to welcoming you!
What is the ownership of the Chairman’s Society?
The Chairman’s Society is owned by the Practical Governance Group, which manages its affairs and coordinates meetings. The society’s Board of Directors provide advice, counsel and direction to the organization.